VEN (FOXBORO) — According to anonymous sources at WordPress.com, the absolutely first-rate sport’s blogger Mr Basset of Sports Reaction was kidnapped outside Gillette Stadium early Friday morning and held hostage inside the Patriots equipment room where he was forced at gunpoint to measure the air pressure of 1000 regulation footballs until he agreed to nominate Very Ersatz News for a Mystery Blogger Award.
As Okoto Enigma, (https://okotoenigma.wordpress.com), the originator of the Mystery Blogger Award explains, the award is “for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
So clearly in the case of Very Ersatz News, coercion was our only option.
According to the Mystery Blogger Award rules, we are (happily) required to do the following:
Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog
This one’s a real pleasure! Mr Basset and the guys at Sports Reaction do an absolutely terrific job covering sports. Thanks, guys!
Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Our Copy Editor met a woman in Kensington whose great-grandmother knew a man whose aunt once had dinner with a woman whose maid briefly worked for a Romanian Princess who claimed she was the inspiration for Madame Sosostris.
- Our Editor in Chief once played pool with George Plimpton in the old Ardmore Bar in Milwaukee, and suffered a humiliating loss.
- The Pope was wrong — hell does exist. You can find it if you google Lowell, MA.
Answer the questions from the person who nominated you
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
2. What do you think W.L.Y.F (an acronym I say at the end of
my posts) means?
This one stumped us — Whatever Lights Your Fire?
- If you could have anybody’s singing voice, who’s would you choose?
This is an easy one — Marcel Marceau.
- What is one movie quote that you always love to say
(even if it doesn’t have anything to do with a conversation)?
We’ll always have Paris.
- What’s the secret to happiness in 13 words or less?
(You can either be serious, or sarcastic….)
Il faut cultiver notre jardin.
Nominate bloggers you feel deserve the award
- Emeka Ofili
- Glam Meets Girl
- Little Fears
- Branka Jaksi
- Sports Reaction
- Josep Goded
Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice with one weird or funny one
- What writers influenced you?
- If you could have a drink with anyone, who would it be?
- Would you want your sister to marry Carlos Danger? Why or why not? If you don’t have a sister, make one up.
- Picasso — serious or just goofing on everyone and having a good time?
- If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
Nominees, if you choose to participate, please put your answers in the comment section to this post, and keep the chain going! ;-)
— The Editors @ Very Ersatz News —